Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Enormously Big Bubbles

Today we made Big Bubbles.
The bubble juice:
1 gallon distilled water
(I didn't have a gallon of distilled water so I measured 16 cups of bottled water.)
1 cup Dawn Ultra dish soap
5 Tablespoons glycerin (found this in the pharmacy
section of the supermarket, by band aids and topical creams).
Mix it all up gently.
Don't make a bunch of bubbles.
I found a tutorial for the Bubble Wand on Rhonda's blog.
Basically, we took two dowels and put a screw ring (you know,
the screws with the little round loop) at the end of each one.
Cut two pieces of cotton string, thicker is better.
I happened to have really thick cotton cord in my sewing room.
One piece is 35 inches, the other is 70 inches.
Put a big washer on the 70 inch string and tie that to each screw ring.
Tie the short piece to each screw ring so it is above the long string.
If you want a photo tutorial, stop by Rhonda's.
Here's what it looks like:
You wouldn't believe how long these bubbles were!
We're talking the length of the driveway, people.
We made bubbles until it was too dark to make them.
It's therapeutic.

5 comments:

Beverly {Flamingo Toes} said...

These are soooo cool! I love the pictures you took. They're great!

Rhonda said...

Thanks for the shout out! They are so much fun! I'm going to try it with my 4 year old preschool class, I have yet to meet...but soon.

Love the pictures...love the bubbles!

One Cheap B*tch said...

Oh my gosh - so much fun!

Jeanine

Anonymous said...

Looks like fun!

Anonymous said...

This time, Kim Kardashian was shooted accustomed a Louis Vuitton for travelling by air. Comfortable and accidental are the appearance of the Louis Vuitton biking bag. But I accept adversity in the anecdotic that the being spotted was Kim Kardashian at the beginning. Thanks for the assertive fashionisto who told me.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...