Saturday, February 6, 2010

Snickerdoodles Recipe

I made a bunch of these today, because we got a bunch of this:
Lots and lots of it. Just a bit more than we're used to.

Fine by me, because I LOVE snow. Love, love, love it. It's already snowed twice this week and we're getting a third snow storm Tuesday. 3 in one week! Woohooooo. Not many people say that about snow, but I do.

My neighbor has a snow blower, and every time it snows I look outside and he's clearing out my sidewalk too. Nice guy. So I baked him some cookies today.

Would you like the recipe? If you do, here it is:

Mrs. Jones' Snickerdoodles

2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
2 tsp cream of tartar
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1 cup butter, softened (2 sticks)
1 1/2 cups plus 2 Tb sugar (divided)
2 eggs
2 Tb cinnamon

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. In a small bowl, stir together the flour, cream of tartar, baking soda and salt.

In a large bowl, on medium speed beat butter and 1 1/2 cups sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs. Reduce speed to low and beat in flour mixture until well combined.

In a small bowl, combine cinnamon and remaining sugar. Shape dough into 1 inch balls and roll them in cinnamon-sugar mixture. Place balls 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheets. Bake for 8-10 minutes, or until set and lightly golden (I like my cookies soft so I put them in a little less time and before they turn golden). The tops will be crinkly.

Cool on cookie sheet for 1 minute before transferring to wire racks to cool completely.



5 comments:

Kristy said...

Looks like fun Heather. Snickerdoodles are my mom's favorite, we just made a batch about a week ago. I will try your recipe next time.

Martha said...

Holy Moly! How much snow did you get?
Your cookies look perfect!

xoxoxox
martha

Unknown said...

Snickerdoodles take me back to my childhood. Still on of my all time fav cookies.

I,too, LOVE LOVE LOVE the snow. Nuisance at times, but still love it. Gearing up for Tuesday.

Angelica Bays, TygrLilies.blogspot.com said...

Ohh...hohoho!
The crackle on them cookies is tooo much! I'm slobbering over here!! They look better than Girl Scout cookies!

Sandy said...

Perfect for a snowy day!

I always forget about making SD's - but they are the best!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...