Saturday, September 1, 2007

Ebay Auction

Ok, there is a very funny woman selling her kids Pokemon cards on e-bay (I heard about this on Under a Blue Moon's blog). Here is part of the auction . . . check out the rest here.

"I'm selling a bunch of Pokemon cards. Why? Because my kids sneaked them into my shopping cart while at the grocery store and I ended up buying them because I didn't notice they were there until we got home. How could I have possibly not noticed they were in my cart, you ask? Let me explain.

You haven’t lived until you’ve gone grocery shopping with six kids in tow. I would rather swim, covered in bait, through the English Channel, be a contestant on Fear Factor when they’re having pig brains for lunch, or do fourth grade math than to take my six kids to the grocery store. Because I absolutely detest grocery shopping, I tend to put it off as long as possible. There comes a time, however, when you’re peering into your fridge and thinking, ‘Hmmm, what can I make with ketchup, Italian dressing, and half an onion,’ that you decide you cannot avoid going to the grocery store any longer. Before beginning this most treacherous mission, I gather all the kids together and give them “The Lecture“ . . . "

I have to agree with her feelings on grocery shopping.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I checked it out. What a riot!!!

Trish said...

Hilarious!

Trish said...

P.S. I just put up a link to this on my blog and a bit of a tribute to you :-) Thanks for posting such a great and funny story for a Monday morning!

Kathleen Grace said...

My sister sent me the link to this and I just cracked up! She has a blog too and she is just as funny on that. Hope you are having a great holiday:>)

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Kathleen Grace said...

Hey Heather!
I'm tagging you for the name game, tell us more about yourself using the letters of your middle name! :>)

Martha said...

I totally want to befriend that woman! She's my kind of gal!

Hope everything is well with you!

xoxo,
martha

Dede Warren said...

This is great! What a riot!!! Thanks for making me smile, and laugh!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...